A Letter To Patients
Our community has been through a lot over the past couple of months, and we are all looking forward to resuming some of our “normal” routines. We are pleased to announce that our office will be open on May 18, 2020. Our top priority at DeWitt Family Dentistry has always been, and will continue to be, providing excellent dental care in a safe and comfortable environment. We want to assure you that we have always put your safety and the safety of our dental team first. The staff at DeWitt Family Dentistry have always followed infection control guidelines set forth by the CDC, ADA and OSHA. During this unprecedented time, we will continue to follow these same precautions. In addition to these measures, we will be implementing additional safety protocols that you will notice. These include:
- Prior to your appointment, you will receive a confirmation phone call from one of our staff to go through COVID screening questions. Depending on your answers, the staff will prepare you for your upcoming appointment or reschedule for a future date.
- When you arrive for your appointment, we ask that you wear a mask inside the building and remove when you are instructed to do so in the treatment room. We will also ask you to use hand sanitizer upon entering the building and before entering the treatment area.
- Upon arrival, you will be asked the COVID screening questions again and your temperature will be taken.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. This may mean that you are offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment. We may need to reschedule appointments to accommodate this. We will do our best to allow greater amounts of time between patients to reduce waiting time for you
- In an effort to limit the number of people in the office and treatment rooms, we ask that only patients with appointments come INSIDE the office and anyone else wait in the car. If assistance is needed, “extra” individuals will need to remain in the waiting room with a mask.
- You will see that our waiting room no longer offers magazines, children’s toys and so forth since those items are hard to disinfect. We are disinfecting the waiting area multiple times during the day.
- All staff are also being screened at the beginning of each shift, including temperature and COVID screening.
We ask for your patience as we navigate this “new normal.” We have had to reschedule approximately 8 weeks worth of patient appointments. This has created a burden on our schedule as we try to accommodate those that have had to postpone treatment and those with existing appointments. We are grateful for each of our patients and value your trust and loyalty. We look forward to welcoming you back to our office.
Dr. Matkovich, Paulsen, and Schemmel and the DeWitt Family Dentistry team